2013 CMAA Annual Meeting
September 9, 2013
September 6, 2013
August 21, 2013
August 6, 2013
July 23, 2013
July 19, 2013
July 11, 2013
July 9, 2013
June 12, 2013
June 11, 2013
June 6, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 14, 2013
Did You Know...?
Natural Gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel in domestic production
- A large component of Natural Gas is methane (CH4).
- Methane is a by-product of the geologic process that turns organic material into coal.
- 13% of the land in the lower 48 United States has some sort of coal under it, and nearly all of this coal contains methane.
- Methane gas, a hazard in underground coal mining, is normally wasted into the atmosphere.
- A process developed during the search for non-conventional fuels permits the extraction of this natural gas from the coal beds.
- Coalbed methane is produced in 7 counties in Alabama and accounts for about 48% of all natural gas produced in the state. Operators have invested about $3.5 BILLION to develop the resource.
- The Coalbed Methane Association of Alabama, a non-profit trade association made up of individuals and companies engaged in the development of coalbed methane resources in Alabama. The CMAA has promoted the continued development of this valuable resource in the state for more than 24 years.
3829 Lorna Road
Birmingham, Alabama 35244
Fax: (205) 985-0042
For specific inquiries about production reports, or for mailing list or membership info, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org